Review on Effects of Continuous Support, New Cochrane Review
through the Maternity Center Association, July 2003.
to Mothers II: Report of the Second National U.S. Survey of Women's
Childbearing Experiences, Childbirth Connection, 2006.
Support for Women During Childbirth: Does the Presence of a Labor-Support
Person Affect Maternal-Child Outcomes?, American Family Physician,
October 1, 2002 .
in, Canadian Medical Association Journal, September 17, 2002
of Women in U.S. Hospitals, 2000, Agency for Healthcare Research
and Quality, October 2002.
- The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth, Henci Goer.
- Gentle Birth Choices, Barbara Harper and Suzanne Arms
- The Ultimate Breastfeeding Book of Answers, Dr. Jack Newman.
- The Birth Partner: Everything You Need to Know to Help a Woman Through Childbirth, Second edition, Penny Simkin.
- The Breastfeeding Answer Book, Nancy Mohrbacher.
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn, Revised and Updated, The Complete Guide, Penny Simkin.
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, Ina May Gaskin.
- Back Labor No More!! What Every Woman Should Know Before Labor, Janie McCoy King.
- The Birth Book: Everything You Need to Know to Have a Safe and Satisfying Birth, Martha Sears, William Sears.